Call for abstracts
Abstracts are invited from health professionals, researchers and associates from all disciplines and sectors, addressing the theme: Building Research Capacity in Regional and Rural Health Care – Victories and valedictories, values and virtues.
Abstract submissions must address the theme of the Symposium and any of the following topics:
- Victories – pilots, programs and approaches showing promise for regional, rural and remote health outcomes. Showcase and celebrate recent successes.
- Valedictories – changes and trends in health care and service delivery. Explore what is new and emerging in health services research.
- Values – ethics and excellence in health services research. Share and learn about ideas, theories, skills and techniques in undertaking high-quality research.
- Virtues – action to achieve our values in regional and rural health. Share and learn about what we are doing as a region to improve health outcomes in our communities.
Abstract submissions are also invited for the Rural Emergency Care satellite conference.
Submitting your abstract
We welcome submission of abstracts for high-quality evidence and/or presentations relevant to the conference themes and topics.
All abstracts are to be submitted electronically, using the online facility:
Abstracts will be published exactly as received and therefore should be proofread prior to submission.
Abstract submissions are now closed. Invitations for oral and poster presentations will be forwarded by email to the presenting author by early August.
Each submission must include:
- A title – no more than 20 words
- Name and affiliation of each author
- Presenting author’s title, name, position & affiliation, email address and phone number (Note: if there is to be more than one presenter, all correspondence will be sent to the person whose name and email address is entered with the abstract submission.)
- Abstract text, clearly outlining the topic to be presented – a maximum of 200 words in simple text paragraphs that follow the format of the subheadings: Aim, Methods, Results, Conclusion
- Up to three keywords.
At least one author must register and attend the Symposium/Satellite conference to present the work submitted. Abstracts with no presenting author will not be accepted.
- Details regarding the formats of oral presentations will made available on the website shortly. These may include keynotes, scientific presentations of 10–15 minutes, snap presentations of 5 minutes, workshops and poster presentations.
- Presentation rooms will be equipped for electronic presentation, including slideshow, video and audio presentations.
- Presentations must be provided in advance of the Symposium – details will be provided in the invitation email.
Details of poster size and other requirements will be provided in the invitation email.
Presenters will need to set up their posters at the venue no later than 9:30am and remove them at the end of the day (4:00pm). Posters may also be set up for viewing by participants in the workshop day (8 September) and removed at the conclusion of the Symposium.
Presenters will be invited to attend their posters during a lunchtime showcase of regional research.
We are unable to arrange for printing and/or transportation of posters.