Scientific Advisory and Leadership Team
The Scientific Advisory and Leadership Team (SALT) provides advice and recommendations to Western Alliance’s Governing Council on the strategic implementation of its objectives.
SALT’s roles and responsibilities are to:
- Provide scientific review, advice and leadership, aligned with the mission and strategic goals of the Western Alliance.
- Provide scientific rigour, oversight and monitoring.
- Develop strategies to improve health outcomes for the western region by addressing the priority themes and major platforms and disciplines, and ensure that the key principles are embedded across research activities supported by Western Alliance.
- Develop productive collegial working relationships among its members and members of the broader research community, and develop strategies to promote such relationships, including through meetings, conferences, symposia and forums.
- Develop processes and procedures by which to communicate advice and recommendations to the Governing Council.