Current Western Alliance Funding Opportunities
2023 STaRR Emerging Researcher Grants – Applications now CLOSED
Western Alliance would like to thank all those whom submitted, we received many strong applications with successful applicants to be announced within the coming weeks.
To support STaRR Emerging Researchers conduct a translation-focused research project, Western Alliance is offering two kinds of Emerging Researcher Grants in 2023:
- Emerging Researcher Seed Grants of up to $5,000 for past STaRR participants to conduct a research project to generate new evidence, and
- Emerging Researcher Translation grants of up to $10,000, for past STaRR participants and past Emerging Researcher grant recipients, to translate research evidence into practice.
The total funding pool is $60,000. To be considered, applicants must work in a Western Alliance member health service or primary health network, and must be a past participant of STaRR Emerging Researcher Training.
- Click here for guidelines regarding both grants – please read the guidelines carefully and ensure you apply for the appropriate type of grant. If you are unsure, please check with your RTC, Drew Aras, Olivia King, or your mentor.
- Click here to download an application form for a Seed Grant – these are to support STaRR Emerging Researchers conducting their research.
- Click here to download an application form for a Translation Grant – these are to support STaRR Emerging Researchers translate existing evidence into practice.
For more information, contact your local Research Translation Coordinator or Drew Aras at email@example.com
Funding support to major external grant applications
Western Alliance is formally offering support to applicants for major external grant opportunities, for example NHMRC partnership grants or similar, where the objectives of the proposed project align with those of the Western Alliance and its member organisations. Projects must involve at least one Western Alliance health sector member organisation (Barwon Health, Ballarat Health Service, St John of God, South West Healthcare, Colac Area Health, East Grampians Health Service, Western District Health Service and the Western Victoria Primary Health Network).
Financial support of up to $20,000 (in total), as well as in-kind support, will be offered to prospective bids who meet the criteria as indicated below:
- Collaboration of Western Alliance member organisations
- Alignment with Western Alliance principles and themes/platforms
- Focus on translational research which will improve health outcomes for regional/rural communities across Western Victoria
Please click on the link to be directed to the expression of interest form: Western Alliance support for major external research grants EOI